March 12th, 2007
|12:57 am - Blood Ties show + quiz meme|
So, teaotter and I sat down to watch a few minutes of Blood Ties tv series recording on Tivo - largely we did this with the expectation that it would be so obviously and horridly dreadful and offensive that we needn't keep recording it. 15 minutes later we were still watching it. Becca wasn't up for watching 2 hours of TV at 12:30 AM, and I need to finish my edits on my current Mage project. However, we are going to at least be watching more of it. I enjoyed the books and so far find the TV show at least watchable. The actor playing Vicki Nelson is fairly good and is actually believable as an ex-cop. I only saw Henry briefly, and he's way too romance-novel-cover-guy for me, but he's also not obviously horrid, and the villian is also perfectly in character with the book, if also just as stereotypical. I'm surprised, while admittedly also being quite eager to see non-offensive female-protagonist focused geek media. Joss Whedon would have done it better, but so far it doesn't suck.
Taken from tlttlotd. (Here are my answers)
1. Can you cook?
2. What was your dream growing up?
3. What talent do you wish you had?
4. Favorite place?
5. Favorite vegetable?
6. What was the last book you read?
7. What zodiac sign are you?
8. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings?
9. Worst Habit?
10. Do we know each other outside of Livejournal?
11. What is your favorite sport?
12. Do you have a Negative or Optimistic attitude?
13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
14. Worst thing to ever happen to you?
15. Tell me one weird fact about you.
16. Do you have any pets?
17. Do you know how to do the Macarena?
18. What time is it where you are now?
19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
20. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
21. Would you be my partner in crime or my conscience?
22. What color eyes do you have?
23. Ever been arrested?
24. Bottle or Draft?
25. If you won $10,000 dollars today, what would you do with it?
26. What kind of bubble gum do you prefer to chew?
27. What's your favorite bar to hang at?
28. Do you believe in ghosts?
29. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
30. Do you swear a lot?
31. Biggest pet peeve?
32. In one word, how would you describe yourself?
33. In one word, how would you describe me?
Current Mood: busy
Blood Ties surprised me, too, but then again sometimes Lifetime will do that (like the time they aired Splendor
which is a pro-poly movie). I decided to check it out because I'm a little disappointed with The Dresden Files. It's okay, it's just kind of blah -- not bad, just blah. I was pleasantly surprised and I may well start watching it on Sunday nights, or trying to catch a re-run of it later since I think it's going to air against BSG.
|Date:||March 12th, 2007 07:35 pm (UTC)|| |
Thankfully, they are rerunning both it and BSG sufficiently that there is no danger of missing either one.