?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Portland Only: Seeking a Doctor - Synchronicity swirls and other foolishness

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> my rpg writing site

February 20th, 2008


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
01:24 pm - Portland Only: Seeking a Doctor
I haven't had a check-up in around 6 years, and within the last few months, my formerly crappy medical insurance (through Lifewise) recently raised its rates by $40/month and morphed into moderately non-crappy insurance, which includes free yearly checkups.

The problem is that I don't have a regular doctor. Therefore, I'm seeking one. Ideally, they'd be in Portland, not the far suburbs, be both skilled and inclined to actually listen to their patients, accept Lifewise insurance. If you know of any physicians who meet these criteria, please let me know. If you know of anyone who meets the first two of these criteria, but don't know if they meet the third, let me know and I'll find out.

To be clear, I'm only seeking actual MDs, I have no faith or interest in naturopaths or other "alternative health providers" as anything other than potential back-ups to medical care.
Current Mood: hopefulhopeful

(3 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:lupagreenwolf
Date:February 20th, 2008 09:31 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I went to an awesome Dr. at the Providence (?) hospital on Glisan. I'll get you her info tonight; her name is Dr. Roast, and she is made of win and awesome.
[User Picture]
From:kitten_goddess
Date:February 21st, 2008 03:14 am (UTC)
(Link)

Quoth the Heron:

"To be clear, I'm only seeking actual MDs, I have no faith or interest in naturopaths or other "alternative health providers" as anything other than potential back-ups to medical care."

It is a sad state of affairs that you even have to specify that you mean "MD" when you say "doctor."

Too many progressives seem to think that Western medical science is "imperialism" or some such nonsense, some even to the point where they reject medical care. Granted, these people seem to be few in number, but even one of those is too many.

I have used allopathic medicine all my life, and have never had a serious illness with the exception of an ovarian tumor at age ten. It was removed quickly and I was completely recovered within the week. I get my checkups yearly, make sure I finish any antibotics on the rare occasions I need them, and take no medicines except my perscriptions (one for birth control, the other for anxiety) and vitamins (multi and calcium, neither exceeding the recommended dose).

I am as healthy as a horse and do not require 100 different supplements. I am rather skeptical of alternative care, since its practitioners claim to be rejecting drugs, then turn around and recommend a whole shelf of supplements that have not been tested by the FDA. Sheesh.
[User Picture]
From:silvaerina_tael
Date:February 21st, 2008 12:54 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'm going to have to get a family doctor as well, though have been putting it off for a while. In my case it may be because I need one if it's decided a temp leave of absence is needed from work. Let's just say there are issues, some of which I only came to realise yesterday evening and this morning... I am neither amused nor happy about this situation. In fact, I'm quite irritated.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com